Home visitors do parent coaching in the home. Sometimes they have incentives (like free baby supplies) for families that choose to participate. Home visiting is a free, voluntary program that works with parents of young children and also pregnant moms.
Home visitors help with:
- Pregnancy wellness.
- Encourage well child visits.
- Encourage timely immunizations.
- Infant care and nutrition.
- Parenting skills.
- Positive parent-child interactions.
- Stages of infant and child development.
- Developmental screenings.
- Child health and safety.
- Positive support system.
- Stress reduction techniques.
- Information on breastfeeding.