There’s almost no end to the kinds of activities children enjoy!
Play ideas for children from birth through age 3:
- Tummy time.
- Reading and looking at books together.
- Floating a bath toy in a pan of water.
- Grasping baskets that have easy-to-hold toys.
- Stacking and un-stacking bowls that fit inside one another.
- Simple toddler sensory play such as exploring shapes, using Playdough, touching safe objects.
- A quiet or busy box full of things like soft toys, blocks, and more that young children are able to manage on their own.
- Felt fabric to encourage imaginative play.
- Matching games.
- Touching a pan of fresh herbs.
- Playing together with flashlights.
- Exploring sensory bags with different textures and items. Search “sensory bags” online for some great ideas of what to put in your sensory bags (such as shampoo and beads or packing peanuts).
- Doing sensory play with gourds.