There are also things you can do as a parent of a child with ASD:
- Learn about ASD.
- Help other family members understand ASD.
- Look for other parents (in your community or online) who have raised children with ASD.
- Get a strong support system. You need emotional support, social connections, good information, and people who can help you out when you need it. Taking care of yourself is an important way to take care of your child.
- Find ways to help your child at home with particular needs, such as sensory issues or communication issues.
- Understand that not all strategies you may hear about are proven to work.