- Encourages parents to set up developmental screenings for their children and describes various types of screenings.
- Includes a list of North Dakota contacts for screenings at various ages.
Track Your Child’s Developmental Milestones
- Encourages parents to talk with their child’s doctor about developmental milestones.
- Includes a colorful map of key milestones from age 6 months through 4 years.
Early Childhood Developmental Screening and Assessment in North Dakota: Standards of Practice
- Outlines the goals of screening.
- Addresses components of developmental screening, when to screen, screening instruments, strategies for screening, and the process for increasing screening.
Screening Readiness Checklist
- Prepares organizations working with children 0-5 to implement age-appropriate, evidence-based developmental screening.
- Offers indicators of an organization’s readiness for screening implementation, referral, and follow up.
Your Developmental Screening Toolkit: Tips and Tools for Informing Families and Improving Your Screening Program
- Includes 15 checklists, charts, and other materials.
- Offers downloadable information regarding screening, child development, and ASQ resources.
Tips for Talking with Parents
- Provides guidelines for talking with parents whose child may have a developmental delay.
Talking to Families of Infants and Toddlers about Developmental Delays
- Gives tips about raising concerns with parents, observing and recording child development, making carefully recorded observations, and understanding typical development.
Developmental Screening and Referral Sample Policy
- Briefly addresses purpose and intent, training and education, definitions, policy, and effective date.
- Briefly addresses intent, objectives, definitions, responsibilities, maintenance, compliance, and other items.