We’ve assembled 7 tools to support your best practices in developmental screening and early intervention:
- Encourages parents to set up developmental screenings for their children and describes various types of screenings.
- Includes a list of North Dakota contacts for screenings at various ages.
Track Your Child’s Developmental Milestones
- Encourages parents to talk with their child’s doctor about developmental milestones.
- Includes a colorful map of key milestones from age 6 months through 4 years.
The Medical Home and Early Intervention Programs
- Describes the Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities.
- Discusses early intervention and treatment, referral sources, eligibility determination, individualized family service plans, and communication between medical homes and early intervention programs.
Comprehensive Developmental & Social-Emotional Developmental Screening Recommendations for North Dakota Medical Providers
- Includes AAP recommendations on developmental monitoring from surveillance through evaluation.
- Describes NDAAP recommendations on social-emotional screening in children aged 0-3 years old within the medical home.
- Explains social-emotional red flags from 6 through 24 months old.
Early Intervention, IDEA Part C Services, and the Medical Home: Collaboration for Best Practice & Best Outcomes
- Published in the October 2013 edition of Pediatrics.
Developmental Screening and Referral Sample Policy
- Briefly addresses purpose and intent, training and education, definitions, policy, and effective date.
- Briefly addresses intent, objectives, definitions, responsibilities, maintenance, compliance, and other items.